Friday, June 28, 2013

Pregnancy & Birth'S Today Newest Questions & Articles Featured

  • Insurance (Aetna) & home birth
  • I live in Washington state, I want a home birth but my insurance (Aetna) is anti-home birth....is anti-home birth. Has anyone gone before and had to do this fight? It also says some...where the baby was born?Please an information/help on this would be VERY much appreciated!!!!...
  • "Natural" Family Planing?
  • I've been hearing a lot about NFP in correlation with using/relying on many not-so-natural tools. I don't know that much about NFP, but the name makes me think of a more natural method than what I've seen (though I haven't seen much.) Is it that without these newer tools it
  • holy crap its almost time.
  • i just saw my ticker on ezboard and it says i have 3 weeks and 3 days until my due date. i almost passed out.omg.i haven't packed yet. i'm working on it today, but there's so much to do!i'm not ready!!!!!! :nut
  • Baby No#2 on the way!
  • I would just like to announce that I am pregnant again!I got my first BFP at just 6DPO!! Thinking this must be wrong i have been POAS like they are going out of fashion. But that faint line keeps coming up.EDD 25.10.07 which will be an 18month gap between DS and baby 2.DS was 7weeks premmie so h
  • Prodromal Labor starting...
  • I started having some very low pulling contractions real early Tues morning. Then I was all sore and achey yesterday, on top of spilling cloudy, swirly fluid that wasn't urine into the toilet around 11:30a. :p This being the fourth time I've labored like this, I knew it's just t
  • Dentist..cleaning, teeth whitening...safe or not?
  • I am going crazy since I found this site. I love how supportive everyone is, so I feel comfortable posting all the questions I had but never really thought of asking.So my questions are: Is it safe to have cleaning done while I am pregnant?Is it safe to have teeth whitening done while I am preg
  • Maybe not...No baby yet!
  • So I have been having regular contractions now for about 5 hours - they are 10 minutes apart but not getting any more intense. I dropped dd off at day care just in case and went grocery shopping to see if things would pick up - so far nada. I would love to take a long walk outside but it's
  • I started spotting last night. This may be TMI, b...
  • I started spotting last night. This may be TMI, but I will give details since I am looking for some input. I went to the bathroom and found a brown blood stain in my underwear (dime size maybe). I wiped and saw just a hint of pink/brown. I put a pad on and wore it all night - nothing. All d
  • Zari Roses birth story (unassisted)
  • Here is the birth story of our (previously unnamed) Halloween baby:Over the past few weeks I had been having some feelings of doubt about my birth plans. There was nothing specific I was worried about, just vague anxieties. We ate dinner on Sunday night with a family we know from church. The mom
  • Show off our birth plans?
  • Hi mamas!I know some of us have done it before, but for those who only just recently wrote yours, who wants to show off their birth plans? :)
  • left hand & shoulder pain but no bleeding or abdominal cramps
  • Baby didnot cooperate in u/s
  • I am 20 weeks pregnant with my first baby.Today i went for an u/s .Everything looked fine but the baby was moving a lot and so the technician was finding it difficult to measure a few things.Moreover the baby's legs were tightly closed & so we were unable to know whether it is a boy or girl
  • my newborn has chicken pox!
  • i exposed my three older kids to chicken pox and although they are starting to get spots today, opal has the most and started showing the spots two days ago.. she seems unaffected and is acting totally normal though so maybe we will get all thier immunity at once! so much for nursing kids not g
  • IVF - long/short cycle Lupron
  • I have a question to all you IVFers out there... I did my first IVF cycle with the long cycle Lupron. This means I started Lupron on day 22 after the first day of my previous period. This time around (my second IVF) they have decided to do the short cycle Lupron. This means I start Lupron toni
  • Singing, Shouting, Celebrating! (Long)
  • The story of a great home birth for a first-time mama.On Sunday, I worked all day, including a full afternoon of stressful, emotionally draining and difficult meetings. I wrote in my journal, "I spoke more bluntly than I am usually able to do, & I don't know whether it will have an
  • Umm, I am really sorry to bother everyone, but I&#...
  • Umm, I am really sorry to bother everyone, but I've posted two different times this morning and they are not showing up. It counts them as replies but I can't see them. Am I doing something wrong, it is under the topic "pregnancy and maintaining pregnancy" I am also not seeing the ot
  • herbs & preggo
  • my therapist has requested i start taking Bach Flowers a herbal supp... My question is since i am TTC is this going to harm the baby in any way? The therpist said it is completly natural and nothing will happen but I would like some opionos.Thanks!
  • Basal temps & cosleeping
  • According to TCOYF (which I just read this weekend), you have to have been asleep for 3 consecutive hours before taking your waking temperature.I haven't been asleep for 3 consecutive hours since having DD 19 months ago.Thoughts? Workarounds? Should I just give it a try anyway?
  • Abnormal Fetal Heartbeat at 23 weeks
  • Today I had an appointment with my midwife.The midwife listened to the baby's hearbeat and commented that it was abnormal. She told me that this problem often resolves itself etc etc and not to worry...um ok...abnormal heartbeat+ paranoid mother= loads of worryI am supposed to come back in
  • Anyone stimming on IVF now?
  • HI! :wave: My husband and I are doing our first IVF after nearly 7 years of TTC, chlomid, injections, 2 laproscopic surgeries for endo, lots and lots more injections and 4 failed IUIs, blah blah. :dizzy: Anway! I'm so very excited and I gotomorrow morning for my first IVF follie check
  • Thermometer Issues
  • Before we conceived DD we had a very reliable mercury therm given to us at our NFP class when we were engaged. Unfortunately, it broke and we had a big mess. Needless to say now we have to use a digital and I don't feel like I get as good of results with it. I have had times where I'
  • News on me & my bf
  • Well things are moving right along. This weekend we told my parents and my boyfriend's mother. Everyone is so excited! We decided we are going to get married close to Christmas. My boyfriend is blabbing to EVERYONE (he blabbed to the guy who works on his bike at BMW Manhattan). Anyway,
  • posting photos?
  • hey, can anyone give me some direction on how to post photos? the (epic!) birth story is coming and i want to attach photos but can't figure it out... uh, mommy brain! :lol can i just use our digital photo program or shuttefly or something? help!
  • Brown Discharge: What are the chances of her being pregnant?
  • Me and my girlfriend had intercourse august 15, 2007,No protection, she took the plan-B bill 2 days after, I did not ejaculate in her.We then had unprotected sex september 13, 2007. She took the plan-b pill immediately after. I did not ejaculate in her.Last month, my girlfriend did not have her
  • Veeeeery concerned about my girlfriend...
  • Me and my girlfriend (I'm 20, she's 19) started sexual relations a few weeks ago. We used protection..yada yada yada, everything is fine. Last Saturday she was on the brink of her period and we decided to go at it. This mostly because the opportunities to do so are few and far betwe
  • 6 weeks 5 days saw fetal pole
  • :angel: hello to all the mommies..well i just wanted to post that my appointment went well besides all the scary things that have happend...for one my blood work did not double...along witht them seeing blood in my uterus...all signs of miscariage..but also signs of the pregnancy being fine..w
  • 34 wk appt. - Im a liar!
  • So I usually go in the afternoons on Mondays but they cancelled my appt Monday b/c of the hurricane and so I went in this morning and the scale said I gained 10 lbs from 2 weeks ago. Now we weigh ourselves and I usually subtract a lb or 2 (clothes and stuff!) but OMG my mw would have totally KI
  • Help Pregnant Or Not??
  • Hi, i have been ttc and this month approx.10 dpo( 2 DAYS AGO SUNDAY)i had dark brown staining first thing in the morning after I wiped. At first I got excited :lol: and thought it was inplantation bleeding but now im not sure and im getting sooo confused!! : The rest of the day I had some dark
  • follicles?
  • I read on my hospital report that I have multiple follicles in my left ovary. what does that mean? Is my body prep. to ovulate?
  • UC in the news
  • Dear Friends,Two of the UC articles I was interviewed for recently were published today. Going it aloneBy Viv Groskophttp://society.guardian.co.uk/health/story/0,,2075502,00.html Overall I was pleased with this article, although at the end of the article there is a birth story that ends in a t
 

No comments:

Post a Comment